Job openingsThank you for your interest in working at the American School of Madrid.
At this time, we do not have any job openings.
QualificationsMinimum Required Qualifications for Teachers and Interns:
- Bachelor's Degree (Interns are required to have Bachelor's Degree and interest in pursuing a career in education. However, they are not required to have teaching experience)
- 3 years classroom teaching experience
Preferred Qualifications for Teachers
- Master's Degree in Education or in teaching field
- 5 years teaching experience
- Teaching certificate
- Experience in developing integrated curriculum and working as a member of a team
- Experience in using technology as an instructional tool
- Experience in using Understanding by Design to develop curricular unit maps
- Experience developing the student attributes and attitudes in a Learner Profile
- Experience with standards-based assessment and reporting
- Experience in teaching writerís and readerís workshop in either the Elementary or Middle School
- Experience in working with ESL students of all levels
- Experience in differentiating instruction to meet the needs of each student
- Experience in using 6+1 Writing Traits to assess student writing
- Experience in using collaborative learning and performance assessments
- Experience in interpreting and using results from the NWEA Measures for Academic Progress testing program to inform instruction
- Experience / willingness to work and plan as part of a team of teachers.
- 10 years experience for administration
- Experience in teaching International Baccalaureate courses will be beneficial
- Native English and basic Spanish preferred for all positions
- Interest in and agreeable to coaching or sponsoring an after-school activity/sport
Recruitment processQualified applicants whose profiles match a current job opening should send resume and cover letter to the Director indicated in the job opening.
We kindly request that you do not send us your resume unless you meet the minimum requirements specified above and unless there is an opening in your field.
Selected candidates will be contacted directly by the appropriate director and advised on how to proceed with their application.
ASM also works with the following recruiting agencies: