Working at ASM
The American School of Madrid fosters an exceptional learning environment that motivates all students to be globally-minded, academically successful, well balanced and prepared for future challenges and responsibilities. We are committed to the ongoing professional learning of all our faculty and staff. We are interested in teachers who are collaborative, highly-qualified and committed.
Our teachers are highly-qualified, collaborative, and committed
- Master’s Degree and 5 years of teaching experience
- Experience using standards-based grading and assessments
- Experience in using cooperative learning and methods of alternative assessment
- Experience in using technology as an instructional tool.
- Experience/willingness to work with special needs (ESL, Resource) students in the regular classroom
- Experience in differentiating instruction to meet the needs of each student
Attributes we value
- Articulate, with strong oral and written communication skills
- Growth mindset
- Collaborative team player
- Committed to the academic and personal development of all students
- Capable of working with parents as partners
- Inspired by our vision and values
TOP 10 REASONS TO WORK AT ASM
A Team committed to learning and excited to learn together.
A community that believes our diversity is our strength.
We believe what we do makes a difference.
We have high expectations for ourselves and each other.
We are proud of our reputation for excellence. A community you will call your family.
We celebrate our history and look to our future. 60 YEARS of excellent learning.
A culture and heritage rich in the arts.
Food, glorious food!
Madrid: A vibrant, warm, cosmopolitan city.
Qualified applicants whose profiles match a current job opening are invited to apply via bamboo with an up to date CV and a letter of interest addressed to the Director indicated in the job posting. Unsolicited applications cannot be considered if not applicable to openings posted on this website.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a number of excellent benefits:
- Private pension beginning in the third year
- Double matched savings plan beginning the second year
- Private medical insurance
- Job embedded professional learning experiences
- Development opportunities on and off campus
- Free tuition fee for dependent children
- Subsidized daily lunch
- Life Insurance
- Use of the school fitness center
- School-sponsored wellness activities such as mindfulness, yoga and pilates.
- Opportunities to travel in Europe, the Middle East, North Africa, and farther afield through participation in school activities.
The School provides financial support to new teachers and their families if they live more than 50 miles from ASM and must relocate in order to accept a position at the School. The relocation package includes:
- A travel and shipping allowance, reimbursed on the production of receipts
- A ‘settling in’ allowance to assist with the expense of moving
- Reimbursement of visa and visa-related expenses (if applicable)
- Seven nights’ hotel accommodation on arrival and airport pick-up
- Final travel and shipping allowance when you return to your home country if you have relocated from outside of Spain
- Support and advice in finding housing
We are justifiably proud of the professional learning program at ASM. In the last four years, ASM has developed a comprehensive offering of strategically focused, in-depth, job-embedded PD opportunities with outside consultants and experts. These opportunities along with PLCs, collaborative planning, and working with ASM coaching staff form the majority of our Professional Growth and Learning Program. In addition, we recognize the value of and need for individual learning and growth opportunities and provide the opportunity for staff members to apply for individual professional development.
Madrid is a cosmopolitan city that combines the most modern infrastructures with a large cultural and artistic heritage.
Strategically located in the geographical center of Spain, Madrid is one of the most important cities in Europe. Its charming yet vibrant historic center offers a wide range of accommodation and services. All this, combined with the momentum of a very dynamic society filled with a warm and welcoming population have turned this metropolis into one of the western world's greatest capitals.
Visitors can enjoy the sun, go for a walk or go rowing in Madrid's large and beautiful parks and gardens. The Retiro Park, the Casa de Campo and Parc Oueste, among others, make Madrid one of Europe's greenest capitals. If there is one thing, however, that characterizes Madrid, it is the deep, contagious passion for life reflected in its friendly, welcoming people.
Madrid is host to many events of the performing arts such as concerts, exhibitions, ballets, select theatre productions, and the latest cinematographic releases.
You can enjoy a wide variety of Spanish and international cuisine or be charmed by its bars and taverns. Madrid's nightlife is another great attraction. Its pubs, bars, discos and flamenco clubs all form a part of its fantastic atmosphere.
The towns of Aranjuez, Alcalá de Henares (the birthplace of Cervantes) and San Lorenzo del Escorial in the Madrid Region are also all home to cultural treasures that have been awarded the World Heritage status. And if you’re looking to catch a break from the bustle of city life, Madrid is located close to breathtaking natural scenery such as the Sierra de Guadarrama mountains.
Art and culture are fundamental to Madrid life. The city has 73 Museums that cover every field of human knowledge. Some of the most important include the Prado Museum, one of the world's greatest art galleries; the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum with more than 800 paintings, sculptures and tapestries and the Reina Sofía National Art Centre, which is dedicated to Spanish contemporary art, with works by Picasso, Joan Miró, Salvador Dalí and Juan Gris among others.
Madrid´s public transport system offers easy, fast and convenient transport not only within the city limits but to communities located outside of Madrid as well.
A GATEWAY TO WESTERN & SOUTHERN EUROPE
Barcelona, London, Paris, Lisbon, Marrakech... What's your choice? From Madrid, you can easily discover fascinating European and African cities in a heartbeat.
Classroom substitution at ASM consists of very short or mid-term replacements spanning from a few hours to a couple of weeks or longer.
Classroom substitutes must be available on very short notice and be able to get to the school on short notice. Applications for substitute positions are welcome from EEC nationals or non-EEC nationals who hold a work visa for Spain.
Applications that do not comply with the above criteria will not be considered.
Please send applications for classroom substitutes to:
Lower School: rebecabañon@asmadrid.es
Middle and Upper School: email@example.com